Deadline Extended: We are hiring 2 Indigenous students!
Written by Admin, Admin •
This is an opportunity for two friendly, engaging, curious, and motivated individuals to work together to help grow a charity that is trying to advance the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s (TRC) Calls to Action at the local level. The interns’ mandate will be to help Shared Path raise public awareness around how individuals can engage with their local governments to take action towards Truth and Reconciliation.
The interns will work as a team with staff and select members of Shared Path to research, design, and implement a strategy that includes social media campaigns and education events to fulfill the above stated mandate. Specific tasks could include:
- research on common questions related to the TRC Calls to Action
- research on how to create effective public awareness campaigns
- connecting with other organizations focused on education around the TRC Calls to Action
- connecting and conversing with members of Shared Path
- creating social media content
- organizing educational webinars
- researching new resources for the Shared Path
- attending weekly team and staff meetings, supporting ongoing programming
Given the small size of the Shared Path team, the interns will be exposed to all aspects of our operations. The interns will be introduced to various digital tools to support their work including task and project management software, customer relationship management software, design software, scheduling software, etc.
The ideal candidates for these positions will:
- Work well in teams, be able to identify/assign tasks, hold each other accountable, work through conflict
- Have some background knowledge on the TRC and the calls to action
- Be curious, inquisitive, creative, and good at asking questions
- Be comfortable cold calling, friendly and good at engaging people in conversation
- Communicate well in writing and by phone
- Be able to work independently without direct supervision
- Be proficient in social media platforms such as Instagram and Facebook
- Have some understanding of Aboriginal and Treaty rights
- Knowledge/training in communication
- Some knowledge/exposure to land use planning, community planning, or grassroots organizing
To support their learning and career planning, the interns will also receive mentorship from a Shared Path board director on a weekly basis. The interns may work remotely from their home. Both positions are for 35 hours/week for 8 weeks at $17/hour.
Please send a coverletter and resume to email@example.com
Deadline to apply is May 16th at 5:00 PM EST.